Wednesday 6 November 2013

Gal Ferreira Yates - Q&A


By on 23:48


Brazillian Bombshell Gal Ferreira Yates answers a few questions.

How did you start competing?
Growing up in Brazil, I studied dance and gymnastics, and I took part in aerobic competitions. I met Waldemar Guimarães, one of Brazil’s top bodybuilding coaches, on a beach in south Brazil at the end of 2006, and he encouraged me to take part in fitness competitions. I started training shortly after that and won overall South American and the World Championships in 2007. I won at the 2012 Nordic Pro show in Finland, and this year, I switched from figure to physique. I have a naturally muscular booty and legs, so this category suits me better.

Where did you meet Dorian?
We met when I was doing the Arnold Classic Amateur in 2008. Waldemar introduced us, and we kept in touch by e-mail for seven months. I couldn’t speak much English then, but I could write it! We did a seminar together in Brazil near the end of the year and fell in love.

What does a typical workout week look like?
I do high-intensity weight training four days a week and cardio at least once a day. One day I might do back, abs, and CrossFit; the next, shoulders, triceps, and calves.